Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The World According to Coke


It was the hippie heaven of the early 70s. It was life as I saw it through rose-tinted glasses. Hey, I was just a kid, remember? Besides my own little existence was a rose garden in some ways anyway. It was a beautiful wonderful world as captured in the best ever tv commercial of my childhood.



I'd like to buy the world a home
And furnish it with love

Grow apple trees and honey bees
and snow-white turtle doves

I'd like to teach the world to sing
in perfect harmony

I'd like to buy the world a Coke
and keep it company

It's the real thing
Coke is what the world wants today.

Yeah, it was the real thing. Though a little unreal to me at the time. The oldies at home had this thing against carbonated drinks.
And Cokes were major no-nos.

2 comments:

PatalastasChic by Ien Beltran said...

kakakilabot! ganda, sana makagawa ako ng ganyan ka-impactful kahit nasa production side na ko!

Indie's Momma said...

Go friend! By the way, did you know that it was the jingle that gave birth to the single and not the other way around? Galing!